Thursday, March 5, 2009

Popping the Blog Cherry

5...4....3....2.....1  BLOG! 

Well, I suppose most everyone gets to a point in their life when they decided to try blogging for the first time.  To some it can be a very dangerous choice and should be made with caution. There have been many studies showing that people get addicted to blogging after their FRIST TIME!  Good thing I've never been in one of those studies!  

Some of you may be wondering why I'm starting a blog. Honestly, I'm too lazy to enter all your e-mail addresses into the send box of a mass e-mail and always end up forgetting to include someone so I send it again, then realize I forgot someone else which means I have to send it again... which may sound easy, but it actually entails quite a bit of effort commanding on the keyboard.  And this way you can read whatever shit I have to say when and more importantly if you want to. 

Reading over this I've realized that it's a little drenched in sarcasm.  I've been listening to a lot of Savage Love, needn't say more.  

OK on to Buenos Aires and my life's goings on here.  Yesterday I met up with a friend of Kristen's (Scripps) who is teaching english down here.  Her and some of her friends also teaching here (all really awesome people and if you want english classes in BA I'll hook you up with them) were going to this things called Spanglish Argentina so they invited me along.  It kinda feels like speed dating (i think?), but the point is to practice speaking with a native speaker.  So you spend 10 minutes with each person (5 in english and 5 in spanish) then you rotate partners.  It really was a lot of fun and I got to meet some Argentines!  The one issue I faced was my total lack of spanish speaking ability.  I'd only had 2 spanish classes at this point... so 2.5 hours of trying to converse was a little painful.  Alas I got through it and exchanged e-mails with a few locals who told me about some chill things to do in the city.  


hmmmm... anything else worth mentioning.... oh yeah the Subte (subway) is hot as BALLS! that shit needs upgrading! where is tampax when you need them! 

I suppose that's it for now.  Tune in later for another chapter of my life in argentina. 

1 comment:

  1. May I be the first to congratulate you and to welcome you to the blogosphere.

    Buena suerte!

    ReplyDelete